Becoming a SAGA member is effortless. Simply follow three easy steps and you’ll be enjoying benefits in no time!
SAGA is accessible to all actors in South Africa. SAGA is committed to building a broad base of membership among aspiring actors, professional actors and committed semi-professional actors. Each membership tier has its own defined set of criteria through which candidates are assessed for eligibility.
- View the eligibility, benefits and restrictions of the three SAGA Membership tiers.
- Download the document explaining SAGA Membership tiers.
Step 1: Complete the application form
- South African Guild of Actors Associate Member Application Form
- South African Guild of Actors Student Application Form
- Full Membership Application Form (PDF Download - 193.16 KB)
Step 2: Submit to SAGA for approval
- Fax your completed form back to SAGA on 086 527 7970, OR
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your SAGA membership application is received, you will be notified that your membership application is being processed
Step 3: Receive your membership card
UASA will notify SAGA Full Members by SMS as soon as they have confirmed your details. You will also receive your membership number in this SMS. Your SAGA/UASA membership card will be sent to you once your first monthly payment has been received by UASA.
SAGA collects membership cards from UASA at the end of each month and we will send you an email to inform you when your card is ready for collection. Collection points in Johannesburg and Cape Town will be shared with you in this email.
SAGA Associate and SAGA Student Members will receive an email notifying them of their SAGA membership card collection points.
Your personal details will be kept confidential. Your email address will be shared only with SAGA and UASA administration for communication purposes.
Take note that SAGA membership payments needs to be up to date to make use of SAGA and UASA benefits and services.