Since the inception of the South African film and TV industry, performer contracts were never ope
CoVid-19 Protocols for Actors
Actors checklist for productions still shooting:
- Hand washing stations
- Hand sanitizers available
- Make-up and hair departments need to wear masks
- Deep cleaning / disinfecting of brushes etc
- Use sponges that can be washed and put in boiling water
- No communal brushes
- Bring your own makeup
- Bring our own plastic and nylon nailbrush for nail hygiene in bathrooms if you are risk
- Deep cleaning / disinfecting of brushes
- Sanitary use of Props
We recommend that producers implement the following:
- Essential crew only during takes
- Rest and holding spaces to allow for social distancing
- Avoid crowded communal areas
- Additional sanitary precautions at craft stations and meal times
Procedure at home
If you elect to stay at home but are not feeling better, BEFORE calling the COVID Hotline you should do the following self-analysis. If you answer yes to any of the above then you must contact the COVID-19 Hotline 080 002 9999 and the NICD will at that point take over the process
- The first sign of infection is a fever and exhaustion. If you have a temperature, are coughing or sneezing, you are encouraged to stay at home. A runny nose is an uncommon occurrence (less than 4% of cases) and it might indecate an ordinary cold.
- Were you in contact with a confirmed or probable case of the COVID-19 infection?
- Have you travelled to the following areas: Mainland China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Iran, Hong Kong, Italy, Vietnam and Taiwan?
- Have you attended a health care facility where patients with COVID-19 infections were being treated?
- Have you had severe pneumonia or respiratory problems?
- Do you have a temp of more than 38°c?
- Ask for a reference number, and ask for your call to be documented, as your employer reserves the right to verify the call
Procedure at work
- Monitoring of all crew, cast & extra’s body temperatures prior to entry to the building
- If an individual presents with a temp greater than 38°c they will be referred to the rest room and the Sasani DRP will commence -
- Hand sanitizer installed at all entry points
- Anti-bacterial soap in all bathrooms
- Effective detergents in all kitchen/food prep areas
- Cleaning staff clean all hand rails, door handles and hard surfaces regularly
- All crew working in personal space have face masks or “buffs” worn over the nose and mouth
- Regular crew meetings to keep everyone informed and educated and to re-inforce the need for following strict hygiene protocols
- Offer all crew and cast flu vaccines injections to combat the yearly onset of flu
SASANI STUDIOS HAVE IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING: PRELIMDISASTER RECOVERY PLAN
- ALL ENTRANCES (pedestrian and vehicle) - SECURITY PERSONNEL
- Disinfect everyone’s hands prior to entry
- Take everyone’s temperature
- Disinfect all touch points (door handles/key pads etc) using a bleach/water mixture as recommended by NICD
- Sign everyone in (minimise contact with pens, papers etc)
- Deep cleaning to occur every 48 hours
- All studio tours and work experience cancelled with immediate effect
- All personal deliveries (Takealot etc) to be discontinued with immediate effect
- If the occasional personal delivery still occurs any package will be disinfected by Sasani personnel prior to being allowed onto site
- These packages will then go into a safe isolation room for 12 hours where after the addressee may collect them
- All business deliveries (equipment or stationery etc) will be disinfected by Sasani personnel prior to being allowed onto site
- All office doors to remain open (wherever practical)
- For individuals already at work that develop symptoms, should go straight to the designated rest room.
- There is a telephone in the room, with a list of telephone numbers, and a thermometer.
- Individuals must take their temperature, and if they have a temperature of greater than 38°c they will call production and the H&S team will call a doctor, or the National Institute of communicable Diseases (NICD) At that point the NICD will take over the process.