Since the inception of the South African film and TV industry, performer contracts were never ope
Latest Covid-19 Protocols
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought with it the requirement for a new work protocol to mitigate the impact of the virus on the country and its people.
The attached protocol guidelines to the film and television production sector in respect of providing a safe workplace and to minimize the risk of COVID-19 while working in the screen sector. These guidelines are subject to revision and amendment from time to time.
The protocols have been developed in line with safety considerations provided by the South African government by SASFED on behalf of and in consultation with all its member organizations, namely:
- The Independent Producers Organisation (IPO).
- Sisters Working In Film and Television (SWIFT);
- Writers' Guild of South Africa (WGSA);
- South African Guild of Editors (SAGE);
- South African Guild of Actors (SAGA);
- The Personal Managers' Association (PMA);
- Animation South Africa (A.S.A);
- The Documentary Filmmakers Association SA (DFA);
These documents represent the contributions and collective decisions made by SASFED Members and other industry organisations. Given that cast and crew are required to sign the attached indemnity documents, we have to ensure that they are equally reassured that the Protocols will be implemented as agreed. We therefore have to note that no modifications to these documents should be made.
SA sources on COVID-19.